This SCCP proposes to update the following base fee parameters:
- raise sSOL baseFee to 35 bp from 25 bp
- raise sUNI baseFee to 35 bp from 25 bp
- raise sAAVE baseFee to 35 bp from 25 bp
- raise sLINK baseFee to 35 bp from 25 bp
- raise sMATIC baseFee to 35 bp from 25 bp
- raise futures makerFee on LINK shorts/longs to 35 bp and on takerFee to 40 bp
baseFee is the fee charged for exchange into a particular synth, or establishing a position in the
The main reason for this change is to decrease the likelihood of latency arbitrage attacks. Given that futures provide significant liquidity efficiency advantages to traders, raising fees on sLINK is needed to lean against the higher risk of latency arbitrage. Futhermore, trading with sSOL and sAVAX, having larger amount of volatility requires that fees be raised enough as to counter any consistent price advantage traders can appropriate from the exchange.
Copyright and related rights waived via CC0.